Ariadna is a double-breasted blazer with a straight silhouette and an oversized fit. It features side panels, the front has a welt pocket in the top left, the vertical darts transition into double welt pockets with flaps which continue over the side panels. The back features shoulder darts and the centre back seam ends with a vent. The shoulder line is extended. Ariadna has a classic blazer-style collar with a stand and a peak lapel, the front edges are rounded at the hem, and it fastens with one buttonhole and button. The blazer has a long set-in two-piece sleeve. It’s fully finished with a lining and is below-the-hip length.
A special feature of the Ariadna blazer is that some visible edges are left raw, notably the collar and lapel, the front edges, the garment and sleeve hems.
Model Larisa: Bust 85, Waist 64, Hips 93, height 172. Larisa is wearing size 36.
To sew this blazer, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: wool suiting, gabardine, melton wool
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The blazer on the photo is made with viscose suiting. This material is medium weight, flexible, soft, non-stretch. The fiber content is a blend of viscose and polyester. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, in meters
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, in meters
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Lightweight fusible woven interfacing, 140cm wide, in meters
4. Fusible straight grain tape interfacing – 3-5m depending on size and height
5. Fusible web - 1.5-2m depending on size and height
6. One pair of shoulder pads
7. One pair of sleeve heads
8. One button 2.3-2.5cm in diameter
9. One transparent hidden backing button 2.3cm in diameter
10. Matching thread, 1 spool
11. Matching topstitching thread, 1 spool
- Sewing machine for construction
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length at center back, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comAriadna Instructions Sample
Канал на YouTube