Aveline is a semi-fitted blazer with an accentuated waist. The bust darts have been transferred to the neckline on the front bodice, and the shoulder darts have also been transferred to the neckline on the back bodice. The front and back feature dart pleats at the waistline, and the back has a center seam. The collar is a classic blazer notched lapel style, with a separate collar stand. The edges of the collar and the lapels are rectangular. Aveline fastens with one button and buttonhole, and the front flaps spread apart below the button. The blazer features a dropped shoulder and set in two-piece sleeves. The sleeve is of an unusual shape, with a convex curve on the outer seam. The blazer is neatly finished with a separate lining and is below the hip length.
Model Sofia: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 168. Sofia is wearing size 36.
To sew this blazer, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium to heavy weight, structured, breathable, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, linen + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: wool suiting, gabardine, denim, heavy linen suiting
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The blazer on the photo is made with wool suiting. This material is medium weight, flexible, non-stretch. The fiber content is a blend of wool and elastane. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a nap direction, in meters
Important!These yardage requirements are given for a small check print, without accounting for a repeat. For fabrics with large-scale checks, add the length of two repeats to the total requirement.
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, for all sizes
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Lightweight fusible woven or knit interfacing, 140cm wide – 1.71m – 2.2m, in accordance with the main fabric requirements chart
4. Fusible seam tape interfacing – 3m for all sizes and heights
5. One button 1.5-2cm in diameter
6. Soft raglan shoulder pads – one pair
7. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. May be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length is measured along the center back seam, and sleeve length includes shoulder width
Garment length, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgAveline sample