Marisa is a semi-fitted double-breasted blazer. The bust darts are vertical and merge with the waist darts, ending with the pocket opening. Marisa features double welt pockets with flaps located at the waist level, front and back side panels, back shoulder darts and center back seam with a vent, and long two piece sleeves. The stand collar blends with the front edge, forming a sharp V neckline and the front flaps below the waist are slanted. The blazer fastens with buttons and buttonholes and is fully lined. Marisa is mid hip length.
Model Dasha: Bust 83, Waist 64, Hips 89, height 168. Dasha is wearing size 36.
To sew this blazer, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: wool suiting, gabardine, linen suiting, velvet suiting, denim
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The blazer on the photo is made with wool suiting. This material is medium weight, flexible, soft, non-stretch. The fiber content is a blend of wool and viscose. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, in meters
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Fusible knit or woven interfacing, 140cm wide
4. Fusible seam tape interfacing – 1m
5. Shoulder pads – one pair
6. Two buttons 2.5cm in diameter
7. One backing button 2-2.2cm in diameter
8. Matching thread, 1 spool
- Sewing machine for construction
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length measured at center back seam
Garment length, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgSample Marisa