Riana is a semi-fitted blazer with a straight silhouette, cinched in at the waist by a tie belt. The bust dart has been transferred to the shoulder seam. The front features patch pockets with flaps and belt loops. The back features shoulder darts and one belt loop in the center. Riana has a classic notched lapel collar and long two-piece set-in sleeves. Riana has a center front fastening with two buttons and buttonholes. The blazer is partially lined and is below the hip length.
Model Anya: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 91, height 169. Larisa is wearing size 36 in height 2.
Approximate sewing time: 2 days
- How to line the front (Riana)
Woven fabrics with the following properties are suitable for the Riana blazer:
- medium weight, soft and non-stretch;
- the fibre content can include natural (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.) or synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane);
- the following fabrics are recommended: linen, cotton, sateen, thin gabardine, denim.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy fabrics.
For lining choose natural (silk), artificial (viscose), blends (silk + elastane, viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester) or synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane) fibres.
The blazer on the photo is made in linen suiting. This fabric is medium weight, soft and non-stretch. The fiber content is 75% linen + 25% viscose. The lining fiber content is 90% cotton + 10% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140 cm wide, in meters:
2. Lining fabric, 140 cm wide, in meters:
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Woven interfacing, 140 cm wide, in meters:
4. Buttons 2 cm in diameter – 2 pieces.
5. Sewing thread in matching colour – 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine + 4 spools for the overlocker).
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlocker machine for sewing and finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch pseudo-overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Buttonhole foot for the sewing machine;
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for the sewing machine (optional);
- Bias binding attachment.
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length at center back, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgRiana instructions sample