Binky is a close-fitting lined hat. It has a rounded crown with decorative ears, as well as a wide cuff and ears with ties.
Approximate sewing time — 0.5 days (4 hours).
To sew this hat, choose knit fabrics with the following properties:
- medium weight, soft, breathable, stretchy
- the fiber content can include natural fibers (cotton), artificial fibers (viscose), and blends (cotton + polyester, cotton + elastane, etc.)
- the following fabrics are recommended: rib knits, lightweight French terry
- for the lining, we recommend knit fabrics: jersey knits, interlock knits
The hat in the photo is made of rib knit fabric. The fabric is soft and has good stretch. The fiber content is a blend of cotton (95%) and spandex (5%). The fabric weight is 420 g/m2.
The lining is made of jersey knit fabric. The fabric is soft and has good stretch. The fiber content is a blend of cotton (97%) and elastane (3%). The fabric weight is 300 g/m2.
1. Main fabric, 100 cm wide, in meters:
Main fabric, 39" wide, in yards:
2. Lining fabric, 100 cm (39") wide, for all sizes — 0.2 m (1/4 yd)
IMPORTANT! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Matching thread — 4 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine + 3 spools for the overlocker)
- sewing machine for construction
- overlocker for construction and finishing raw edges. It can be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2–3 mm, stitch length 2.5 mm)
- loop turner
Important! We recommend using specialty needles when working with knit fabrics (for example, STRETCH, SUPER STRETCH, JERSEY, etc.). When sewing, a ball-shaped needle point pushes the knit loops apart without piercing the threads.
Ease measurement, cm
Ease measurement, in
Hat ease in a smaller size
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. The pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900 mm width.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgBinky instructions Sample