Arya Pinafore Dress
Arya is a sleeveless pinafore dress made out of faux leather, with a straight silhouette and a double breasted front which closes with snaps. The front bodice has bust darts. The pinafore features a V-shaped neckline and thin straps that connect to a shortened curved back. A separate self-fabric belt cinches the waist through topstitched belt loops at the front and back waistline. Arya has pockets at the side seams and decorative topstitching on the belt loops, bodice and skirt edges, armscye, pocket opening, as well as around the perimeter of the belt. The insides are neatly finished with a free-hanging lining and the dress is below the knee length.
To sew this dress, choose woven fabrics, faux leather or faux suede, with the following properties:
• Medium weight, soft hand, structured, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque;
• The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, cotton), artificial, blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane, etc);
• The following fabrics are recommended: faux leather, faux suede, wool suiting, cotton, heavy corduroy, tweed, gabardine, denim.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials or lightweight fabrics.
For the lining, we recommend lining fabrics from artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), and synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The dress on the model is made in faux leather on a woven base. This material is medium weight, soft, non-stretch. The composition is a blend: base is 100% cotton, top layer is polyurethane. The lining is 100% viscose. The lining material is lightweight, soft and non-stretch.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, in meters:
|Height, cm||Size 34-38||Size 40-44||Size 46-48||Size 50-52|
Yardage, in meters
3. Lightweight woven fusible interfacing, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights – 1.2m.
4. Snaps, 1-1.5cm diameter – 6 pairs.
5. Fusible web strip, 1cm wide, for all sizes and heights – 10m.
6. Fusible seam tape interfacing, 1cm wide, for all sizes and heights – 4m.
7. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker).
8. Matching thread for decorative topstitching (such as Madeira #35) – 1 spool.
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Walking foot or a Teflon foot for your sewing machine;
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional).
Ease measurement, cm
Bust ease, cm
Waistline ease, cm
Hipline ease, cm
Length of back from waist down (different for each size), cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comArya sample
Канал на YouTube