Emory is a close-fitting dress with an asymmetrical front. It features six stitched pleats along the left side seam, from the bust line to the hip line, with the bust darts transferred to the pleats. On the back, the shoulder darts have been transferred to the neckline, and the waist has waist darts. The center back seam has an invisible zipper fastening on the top and a slit on the bottom. The neckline is round, the shoulder line is slightly increased and widened to accommodate shoulder pads. The long set-in sleeve has a vertical elbow dart. The front and back of the dress is lined. The front and back hemlines are asymmetrical and are finished with facings. Emory is below-the-knee length, slightly shorter on the left side than on the right.
Model Alina: Height 172 cm (5'8"), Bust 86 cm (33 7/8”), Waist 65 cm (25 5/8”), Hips 93 cm (36 5/8”). Alina is wearing size 36 in height 3.
Model Marya: Bust 84, Waist 63, Hips 90, height 165. Vika is wearing size 36.
Model Vika: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 164. Vika is wearing size 36.
To sew this dress, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, stretchy, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + elastane, cotton + elastane, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic (polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: dress-weight wool with elastane, gabardine cotton, dress-weight stretch denim, heavy or mid weight double knits, stretch velour.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer materials (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend blended fibers (viscose + elastane) or synthetic (polyester + elastane).
The dress on the photo is made with dress-weight wool with elastane. This fabric is medium weight, flexible, soft and stretchy. The fiber content is a blend of wool and elastane. The lining is viscose with elastane.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a directional print, in meters
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, for all sizes
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Lightweight fusible knit interfacing, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights - 30cm
4. Seam tape interfacing - 15-20cm
5. One 50cm long invisible zipper for all sizes and heights
6. Shoulder pads, at least 1-1.5cm thick
7. Matching thread - 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Invisible zipper foot for your sewing machine
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgEmory Instructions Sample