Gloria is a close fitting dress with a sweetheart neckline. The slim fit shaping is achieved with front and back waist darts, both on the bodice and the skirt. The front also features bust darts that start at the side seam. Gloria has voluminous sleeves with gathering along the sleeve cap and at the bottom, just above the close fitting long shirred cuffs. The shirring on the cuffs starts 2cm away from the hemmed edge, thus forming a ruffle at the bottom of the sleeve. The ¾ sleeve length can be adjusted with the shirred cuff. The dress fastens with an invisible zip in the center back seam. Gloria is above knee, mini length.
Model Vika: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 164. Vika is wearing size 36.
To sew this dress, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (cotton + silk, linen + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: dress weight cotton, viscose poplin, lightweight denim, viscose challis, modal
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
The dress on the photo is made with cotton fabric. This fabric is medium weight, soft and not stretchy. The fiber content is 100% cotton.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a directional print, in meters
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lightweight fusible woven or knit interfacing, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights – 0.3m
3. Seam tape interfacing – 1m
4. One 50cm long invisible zipper for all sizes and heights
5. One spool of elastic thread for all sizes and heights
6. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Invisible zipper foot for your sewing machine
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length is measured at the back from the waist down. Sleeve length includes the cuff.
Garment length, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comSample Gloria