Leonie is a close fitting dress with an accentuated waist. It features a slight A-line shape skirt, and a waist seam. The shaping on the front bodice is achieved with bust and waist darts. The bust darts have been transferred to the side seams. The shaping on the back bodice is achieved with waist darts and a center seam. The center back seam has an invisible zipper fastening. On the front and back bodice, Leonie features yokes whose shape resembles raglan sleeves. The dress has a slightly dropped shoulder line. Leonie is mid-calf length.
Approximate sewing time: 1.5 days.
Model Larisa: Bust 85, Waist 64, Hips 93, height 172. Larisa is wearing size 36 in height 3.
Model Yana: Bust 108, Waist 90, Hips 128, height 174. Yana is wearing size 48 in height 3.
To sew this dress, choose dress-weight fabrics with the following properties:
- light to medium weight, with good drape, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with little stretch, opaque
- the fabric content can include natural (silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (silk + cotton, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- the following fabrics are recommended: dress-weight denim, challis, modal, dress-weight viscose, crepe, silk with elastane
Attention! We do not recommend very stretchy knit materials (jersey fabric) and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
The dress on the photo is made in viscose. This fabric is soft, non-stretch, and has good drape. The fiber content is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a non-directional print, in meters:
Main fabric, 130cm wide, with a non-directional print, in meters:
Height / size
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lightweight fusible interfacing (either knit or woven), 140cm wide, for all sizes in all heights – 0.15 m.
3. One invisible zipper, 50 cm in length, for all sizes in all heights.
4. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the serger).
- sewing machine for construction;
- serger for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- edge stitching foot for the sewing machine (optional);
- invisible zipper foot for the sewing machine.
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length, cm
Shoulder seam length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comLeonie instructions Sample