Nadi is a moderate volume slim fit dress. The front consists of the top and bottom parts that are connected with ties. The front blouson bodice creates extra volume. The front skirt has waist darts. The back also consists of the bodice and skirt parts, with waist darts on both. The center back seam has an invisible zipper and a high slit. The dress has a dropped shoulder line and a boat neckline. Nadi is below the knee length.
Model Anya: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 91, height 169. Anya is wearing size 36 in height 2.
Approximate sewing time: 1.5 days
Woven fabrics with the following properties are suitable for the Nadi Dress:
- lightweight, thin, with good drape, non-stretch or with very little stretch;
- the fibre content can include natural (silk), artificial (viscose), blends (silk + polyester, acetate and polyester) or synthetic (polyester);
- the following fabrics are recommended: natural and man-made silk, cupro, thin crepe, atlas or satin.
The garment on the photo is made of man-made silk fabric. This fabric is thin, flexible, soft and non-elastic. The fiber content is 75% acetate, 25% polyester.
1. Main fabric, 140 cm wide, in meters:
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lightweight woven interfacing, 140 cm wide, in meters:
3. Invisible zipper 60 cm – 1 piece.
4. Elastic band 7 mm wide, in cm:
5. Sewing thread in matching colour – 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine + 4 spools for the overlock).
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlock machine for sewing and finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch pseudo-overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Loop turner;
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional).
Ease measurement, cm
Garment length at center back, cm
Shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgNadi instructions sample