Nola is a close-fitting dress with a trapeze silhouette. The front features a yoke gathered on the bottom, and finished with a channel for ties on the top. The back has side panels as well as a shirred center panel. The skirt has a slight A-line shape. Nola has a short, voluminous sleeve with gathers along the shoulder and a channel for elastic at the hem. The front and back necklines are quite deep, and the dress is above knee length.
Model Sofia: Bust 84cm (33”), Waist 64cm (25”), Hips 90cm (35”), height 168cm (5’5”)
Chosen size: 36
Model Yana: Bust 104cm (41”), Waist 86cm (), Hips 120cm (), height 174cm ()
Chosen size: 46 (Given the generous ease, we did not adjust the pattern for the waist and hips)
To sew this dress, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Light to medium weight, no stretch or very little stretch, soft with good drape, opaque;
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (silk, cotton), artificial (viscose), blends (cotton + viscose, silk + polyester, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane, etc);
- The following fabrics are recommended: natural or artificial silk, viscose poplin or rayon challis, crepe, lightweight atlas, chiffon.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials.
The dress on the model is made with 100% silk. This fabric is lightweight, soft and non-stretchy.
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Elastic thread, 1 spool
3. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
4. 1.2cm wide elastic, 0.6-1m length depending on the size
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Bodkin for threading elastic through a channel (may be replaced with a safety pin)
- Loop turner for the ties
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgSample Nola