Amina is an oversized loose fit hoodie with a straight silhouette. The front features vertical design lines with built-in pockets. The hoodie has a dropped shoulder and long shirt sleeves with two decorative seams. The bottom of the sleeves is finished with cuffs. The hood is voluminous with a center seam and overlapping ends at the front neckline. The hood has a channel for a strip of twill tape threaded through the machine-sewn buttonholes. The bottom hem of the garment is finished with a waistband. The hoodie is below hip length.
Approximate sewing time: 1 day.
Sizes: S - M (34 - 42), L - XL (44 - 52).
Model Sophia: Bust 84cm, Waist 64cm, Hips 90cm, height 172cm. Sophia is wearing size S-M in height 3.
Model Yana: Bust 108cm, Waist 90cm, Hips 128cm, height 174cm. Yana is wearing size L-XL in height 3.
Choosing your size
To sew this hoodie, choose knit fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, breathable, non-stretch or with very little stretch;
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, cotton), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + polyester, cotton + polyester, cotton + elastane, etc.), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane);
- The following fabrics are recommended: sweatshirt fleece, double knit for suits (heavy or medium weight), bulky knit fabrics.
Attention! We do not recommend using lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
As an additional material for the waistband and cuffs we recommend using rib knits.
The hoodie in the photo is made with sweatshirt fleece fabric. This fabric is medium weight, soft and has very little stretch. The fiber content is a blend of viscose, polyester and elastane. The waistband and cuffs are made out of ribbing.
1. Main fabric, 180 cm wide, in meters:
Main fabric, 160 cm wide, in meters:
2. Additional fabric, 120cm wide, for all sizes in all heights — 0.3m.
IMPORTANT!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Interfacing (or fusible straight grained tape) for all sizes in all heights, 3cm wide, 0.45m (two strips, 0.22m long each).
4. Twill tape, 1.5cm wide, for all sizes in all heights — 1.7m.
5. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker).
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlocker for construction and for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Bodkin for threading elastic through a channel (may be replaced with a safety pin).
Important! For knit projects, we recommend using special sewing needles for stretchy knit fabrics (e.g. STRETCH, SUPER STRETCH, JERSEY, etc.). When sewing, a ball-shaped needle point pushes the knit loops apart without piercing the threads.
Ease measurement, cm
Bust ease, cm
Upper arm ease, cm
Garment length at the center back including waistband, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width and cuff, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgAmina instructions Sample
Канал на YouTube