Sivi is a close-fitting halter top with a criss-cross front and wide long ties with triangular ends at the back. The front of the top is gathered at the side seams and features pleats at the center seam located at the back of the neck. The top is self-lined. Sivi is above-waist length.
Model Alina: Height 172 cm (5’8”), Bust 86 cm (33 7/8”), Waist 65 cm (25 5/8”), Hips 93 cm (36 5/8”). Alina is wearing size 36 in height 3.
Approximate sewing time — 0.5 days (4 hours).
To sew this top, choose dress-weight fabrics with the following properties:
- medium weight, soft, with good drape, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- the fiber content can include natural fibers (silk, cotton, linen), artificial fibers (viscose), blends (cotton + silk, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- the following fabrics are recommended: cotton, satin, challis, silk, dress-weight viscose
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit fabrics and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
The top in the photo is made of cotton. The fabric is medium weight, with good drape and very little stretch. The fiber content is 100% cotton.
1. Main fabric, 140–145 cm wide, with a directional print/nap, for all heights, in meters:
Main fabric, 55–57" wide, with a directional print/nap, for all heights, in yards:
IMPORTANT! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Matching thread — 1 spool for the sewing machine
3. Elastic thread — 1 spool
- sewing machine for construction
- stitch-in-the-ditch foot for the sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Ease measurement, in
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. The pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgSivi Instructions Sample