Aurelia is a single-breasted insulated jacket with a loose fit and a straight silhouette. The bust darts have been transferred to the shoulder seams. The front features a horizontal seam below the waist line, with built-in functional pockets with flaps. The left front features a welt (without pocket) above the bust line. The shoulder line is extended. Aurelia has a set-in two-piece sleeve, a classic blazer-style notched collar with a stand, a centre front fastening with two bound buttonholes and buttons. The jacket has a separate tie belt and is below-the-hip length.
Model Marya: Bust 84, Waist 63, Hips 90, height 165. Vika is wearing size 36.
To sew this jacket, choose raincoat fabrics or synthetic materials with the following properties:
- Soft, durable, medium or heavy weight, flexible, structured, non-stretchy or with very little stretch
- The content of the faux leather can be polyurethane, penopolyurethane, polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- The fiber content of the raincoat fabrics can include natural fibers (cotton), artificial (lyocell), blends (PET + polyester, cotton + polyester, PET + polyamide, etc.), and synthetic (polyester)
- The following fabrics are recommended: PU leather, blended raincoat materials
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blended (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The jacketon the photo is made with PU leather. This fabric is on a woven medium weight backing, is flexible and structured, without stretch. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, in meters
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, in meters
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Isosoft 300 or Thinsulate insulation material, 140cm wide, in meters
4. Two buttons 2.3-2.5cm in diameter
5. Two backing buttons 1cm in diameter
6. Bias cut and stitched tape interfacing - 6m
7. Matching thread - 1 spool
- Sewing machine for construction
- Walking foot or teflon foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length at centre back, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comSample Aurelia