Cheryl is an oversized quilted jacket with a straight cut. The front of the jacket features single welt pockets. Cheryl has long drop-shoulder sleeves finished with binding and a round neckline. The neckline, front edges and hem are finished with binding. The jacket closes in the front with sew-on snaps. It is lined, with the lining quilted together with the outer shell fabric. The jacket is below-hip length.
Approximate sewing time – 2 days.
Sizes: XS - S (34 - 38), M - L (40 - 46), XL (48 - 52)
Model Sofia: Height 172, Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90. Sofia is wearing size XS-S in height 3.
Model Yana: Height 174, Bust 108, Waist 90, Hips 128. Yana is wearing size XL in height 3.
To sew this jacket, choose fabrics with the following properties:
- light or medium-weight, non-stretch or with little stretch, wind- and water-resistant;
- the fiber content can include natural fibers (cotton), artificial (acetate), blends (cotton + polyester, etc.) and synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane);
- the following fabrics are recommended: water-resistant outerwear fabrics, gabardine, dewspo, taslan, membrane fabrics, taffeta, PU-coated polyester.
For the lining, use lining fabrics made from artificial fibers (viscose) or blends (viscose + polyester).
For the insulation layer, use polyester batting, alpolux, isosoft 100 g/m2.
The jacket in the photos is made from medium-weight non-stretch outerwear material. The fabric is 100% polyester. The lining fabric is a viscose/polyester blend. The insulation layer is alpolux 100 g/m2.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, in meters:
IMPORTANT! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, in meters:
3. Insulation, 140cm wide, in meters:
4. 1.5-2cm sew-on snaps - 5.
5. Matching thread - 1 spool.
- sewing machine for construction;
- walking foot or quilting foot;
- edgestitch foot for the sewing machine (optional).
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length at center back, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comCheryl instructions Sample