Ingrid is a semi-fitted shirt jacket with a straight silhouette. The front features a collar with collar stand, and patch pockets with pointed flaps that fasten with a button and buttonhole. Ingrid has a single-breasted button placket and its bust darts have been transferred to the side seams. The back features a yoke and a decorative button tab. Ingrid has a drop shoulder and shirt style two-piece sleeves embellished with a tab at the hem, which fastens with a button and buttonhole. The jacket’s shirttail hem is finished with a facing, and decorative topstitching accentuates the pocket flaps, sleeve tabs, back yoke tab, button plackets, hem, and collar. Ingrid is neatly finished with a lining and is mid-thigh length.
Model Vika: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 164. Vika is wearing size 36.
To sew this jacket, choose woven coating fabrics with the following properties:
- medium to heavy weight, structured;
- the fiber content can include natural fibers (wool), artificial (viscose, acrylic), blends (wool + polyester, wool + acrylic, wool + viscose), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + acrylic);
- the following fabrics are recommended: wool coating, cashmere, tweed, Melton wool.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy or lightweight materials.
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The jacket on the photo is made with wool coating. This material is heavy weight and structured. The fiber content is 100% wool. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, layout in two parts, in meters:
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Woven fusible interfacing, 140cm wide, in meters:
4. 11 buttons 2-2.2cm in diameter
5. Matching thread, 1 spools
6. Matching topstitching thread, 1 spool (optional)
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. May be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine.
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Back length, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comIngrid instructions sample