Karen is a pair of semi-fitted trousers with a straight silhouette and pressed creases, inspired by menswear. The back features waist darts, the front features a pleat at the waistline directed towards the side seam. The front also has functional slash pockets and a separate waistband piece with an overlap on the right side, as well as belt loops. The waist line is lowered, the waistband’s top edge is situated 6cm below the natural waist, and its fit isn’t too snug. The trousers have a classic fly front fastening and the waistband fastens with two hooks and eyes. Karen is floor length, forming a pleat when worn.
Model Larisa: height 172, Bust 85, Waist 64, Hips 93. Larisa is wearing size 36 in height 3.
- How to sew a fly front zipper
To sew these trousers, choose woven suiting fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, soft and dry, structured, non-stretch;
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, cotton, silk), blends (wool + polyester, cotton + polyester, etc), and synthetic (polyester);
- The following fabrics are recommended: wool suiting, cotton, crepe, gabardine.
The trousers on the photo are made in wool suiting. This fabric is medium weight, non-stretch, and structured. The fiber content is a blend: 60% polyester, 20% cotton, 18% wool, 2% spandex.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with nap, in meters:
Main fabric, 140cm wide, without nap, in meters:
When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lining material, 140cm wide, with nap, for all sizes and heights - 0.3m
3.Woven fusible interfacing, 140cm wide, for all heights, in meters:
4. One pant zipper 15cm in length.
5. Two sew-on hooks and eyes.
6. Matching thread - 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker).
- Sewing machine for construction;
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm);
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional).
Ease measurement, cm
Waistline ease at top of waistband (different for each size)
Garment length at side seam including waistband width, cm
Finished hem width:
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comKaren Instructions sumple