Lora is a pair of classic trousers with a semi-slim fit around the waist and hips, and slightly tapered towards the hem. Laura features a waistband that sits on the natural waist, fastens with a button and buttonhole, and has five belt loops. The trousers have a fly front zipper, western style front hip pockets, a single welt pocket on the back right leg, and pressed crease lines on both the front and back. The pockets and the perimeter of the waistband have decorative topstitching. The trousers are a classic heel length.
Model Vika: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 164. Vika is wearing size 36.
- How to press pant pieces after cutting
- How to sew a fly front zipper
To sew these trousers, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, with very little stretch, structured
- The fiber content can include natural fibers with some elastane (wool + elastane), blends (with synthetic and artificial fibers) (wool + polyester, wool crepe), and synthetic (polyester, gabardine)
Attention! The following fabrics are NOT suitable:
- Pile fabrics (velvet)
- Very stretchy materials (knits)
- Lightweight or sheer fabrics (chiffon, silk, organza)
For the pocket bag, use silk, viscose or polyester lining fabrics.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a directional print, in meters
1,65 (0.1m in one layer)
2,10 (0.1m in one layer)
2. Lining fabric, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights - 0.3m
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. Fusible interfacing, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights - 0.2m
4. One button 1.2cm in diameter
5. Matching thread - 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
6. One matching pant zipper 20cm in length
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Side seam length including waistband, cm
The width of the pant at the hem for sizes 34-52 is 17.7 – 23cm; the difference between each size is 0.6cm.
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comLora instructions Sample