Alya is a basic t-shirt with a loose fit and a straight silhouette, a set-in sleeve, and a crew neck finished with a band. Alya is mid hip-length.
Model Sofia: Height 172 cm (5’8”), Bust 84 cm (33 1/8”), Waist 64 cm (25 1/4”), Hips 90 cm (35 3/8”). Sofia is wearing size S in height 3.
To sew this t-shirt, choose knit fabrics with the following properties:
- Soft, medium weight, medium stretch
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (cotton), artificial (viscose), and blends (cotton + polyester, cotton + elastane, viscose + elastane
- The following fabrics are recommended: cotton jersey, interlock knits, pique, lightweight French terry (for colder seasons).
The t-shirt on the photo is made with cotton jersey. The fiber content is a blend of cotton + polyester + lycra. This fabric is soft, firm, and has moderate stretch.
1. Main fabric, 140cm and 180cm wide, for all sizes
140cm wide yardage, m
180cm wide yardage, m
2. Lightweight fusible knit interfacing – 2 strips 0.5 x 15cm
3. 1cm wide matching twill tape – 30cm
4. Matching thread - 4 spools
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
- Overlocker for construction and for finishing raw edges. It may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Coverstitch or coverlock machine to finish the hem. If you don’t own a coverstitch machine, you can finish the hems with a twin needle on your sewing machine
- Sewing machine for stitching small pieces and attaching twill tape
When sewing knit fabrics, it’s recommended to use specialty needles for knits (such as ballpoint, stretch, super stretch, jersey, etc.). These needles have a rounded tip which allows the needle to pass in between the loops instead of piercing the threads.
Bust ease, cm
Waistline ease, cm
Hipline ease, cm
Upper arm ease, cm
Back length including neckband width, cm
Sleeve length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgAlya Instructions Sample
Канал на YouTube