Macy is a loose fitting blouse featuring front and back yoke details, a classic collar with stand, a hidden button placket, and a dropped shoulder. The two-piece sleeve is a loose fitting, classic shirt style, embellished with a large rectangular topstitched patch. The bottom of the sleeve is finished with a topstitched tab imitating the look of a cuff, and features a buttonhole which together with the button fastens a deep inverted pleat. Macy has a curved hem and is mid-hip length.
Model Margarita: Bust 83, Waist 62, Hips 94, height 180. Margarita is wearing size 36.
Model Vika: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 90, height 164. Chosen size - 36.
To sew this blouse, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (silk + wool, silk + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: lightweight denim, silk, viscose challis, lightweight micro velvet
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
The blouse on the photo is made with silk fabric. This fabric is medium weight, soft and not stretchy. The fiber content is 100% silk.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, with a directional print, in meters
Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
2. Lightweight fusible woven or knit interfacing, 140cm wide, for all sizes and heights – 0.6m
3. 10 buttons 0.7-1cm in diameter
4. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Ease measurement, cm
Upper arm ease
Garment length at center back, cm
Sleeve length including shoulder width, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgMacy sample