Cecile is a semi-fitted skirt with an asymmetrical cut. The skirt features a straight silhouette on the left side and a flared insert on the right. The insert is taking place of the right side seam and has identical style lines on the front and back. Cecile fastens with an invisible zip in the left side seam as well as a sewn-on hook and eye on the waistband. The skirt is fully lined and is below the knee length, with a longer curved hem in the insert area.
Model Rita: Bust 84, Waist 64, Hips 89, height 164. Rita is wearing size 36.
Model Yana: Bust 104, Waist 86, Hips 120, height 174. Yana is wearing size 50 (with an adjustment at the waistline).
To sew this skirt, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: dress-weight wool, gabardine, viscose crepe, silk velvet, silk, modal.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer materials (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The skirt on the photo is made with dress-weight wool fabric. This fabric is medium weight, flexible, soft and has very little stretch. The fiber content is a blend of wool and elastane. The lining is 100% viscose.
1. Main fabric, 140cm wide, for a directional print/nap, in meters
|Height, cm||Yardage, m||Yardage, m||Yardage, m||Yardage, m|
|Size 34-46||Size 48||Size 50||Size 52|
|With a 35cm partial fold||With a 38cm partial fold||With a 38cm partial fold||With a 38cm partial fold|
Important!When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
4. One 20cm invisible zipper for all sizes and heights
5. One skirt hook and eye
6. Matching thread - 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker)
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Invisible zipper foot for your sewing machine
Ease measurement, cm
Garment length, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.comSample instructions Cecile