The Russian company Vickisews had a sale recently and I bought 3 pdf blouse patterns with quite low expectations. This is the first I made. It’s the ‘Edwige’ and I was very impressed. The fabric is a challis by Lady McElroy but I bought it from Minerva. How could I resist? The print is described as Arctic Wolf but they look like big white fluffy dogs to me. Definitely one of my favourite things 🤣. I used plenty of fusible interfacing because it’s fine fabric, but it behaved well. There are 27 pages of instructions for this pattern! The instructions are detailed with lots of photos and use high quality finishes techniques that you don’t get on most big brand patterns. Only 1cm seam allowance is included. I added about 3mm and overlocked most edges. The main seams are French seams and I am not dexterous enough to do that in 1cm. The pattern says to put faux button loops all the way to the shoulder but only sew on 7 buttons. I put buttons on all the way to the shoulder and I am glad I did as I need to fasten one or two of the decorative buttons to avoid flashing my bra. Making the loops is fiddley and I think I made them too big. Next time I’ll do 8 buttons on the front and I might do conventional buttonholes so my blouse looks less asymmetric. I bought the smallest cover buttons I could find, 11mm, although the pattern says 8mm cover buttons. Making 16 fabric covered buttons at that size, particularly in a flimsy fabric would be a complete nightmare. The plastic ones I bought weren’t going to work so I sent them back and used some gorgeous 1cm shank buttons from my stash. I will absolutely be making this pattern again.