Deborah is a semi-fitted blouse with an accentuated waist. The front features princess seams and the back has waist darts and a center seam. The shoulder dart on the back bodice has been transferred to the neckline. The front neckline is deep, square-shaped and finished with a facing. The sleeve is set-in, short and voluminous, and the sleeve cap has overlapping pleats. The bottom of the sleeve is gathered and finished with a narrow cuff. The blouse fastens with an invisible zipper in the center back seam. Deborah is hip-length.
Model Sofia: Height 172 cm (5’8”), Bust 84 cm (33 1/8”), Waist 64 cm (25 1/4”), Hips 90 cm (35 3/8”). Sofia is wearing size 36 in height 3.
To sew this blouse, choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium to heavy weight, structured, non-stretch or with very little stretch
- The fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- The following fabrics are recommended: heavy silk or cotton suiting, satin, poplin, linen, gabardine, jacquard, light to medium weight denim.
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit materials. The fabric must hold shape.
The blouse on the photo is made with 100% cotton. This fabric is medium weight, soft and non-stretch.
2. Woven interfacing, 140cm wide, 0.3m. Important! When purchasing fabric, please account for shrinkage and buy 5% more than required.
3. One 35cm invisible zipper.
4. Matching thread, 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine and 4 spools for the overlocker).
- Sewing machine for construction
- Overlocker for finishing raw edges. This may be replaced with a stretch overlock stitch or a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine (overlock or zigzag stitch width 2-3mm, stitch length 2.5mm)
- Invisible zipper foot for your sewing machine
- Stitch-in-the-ditch foot for your sewing machine (optional)
Attention! The total wearing ease (waist ease) shown on the pattern pieces differs from the actual ease:
Ease used in drafting basic size (shown on pattern pieces), cm
Actual ease depending on the size, cm
4 – 7,5
Upper arm ease
Back length, cm
Sleeve length including the cuff, cm
Once the order is paid, within 1 minute you will receive an email with the details of the order and a link to your personal account, where the following will be available for download:
1. the pdf pattern in your chosen size, in the following formats: Letter, A4, A0 and plotter format. The size of the plotter format is indicated in the name of the document. You will need a plotter printer that can print at least 900mm width. Note that for height categories 3 and 4, the plotter pattern comes on 2 pages.
2. Detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.orgDeborah sample